This year’s Atlantic storm season didn’t wait for the official June 1 start date: Alberto became one of very few tropical or subtropical cyclones to enter the Gulf of Mexico in the month of May. The storm reached peak intensity with 65 mph winds on May 28, passing through offshore oil and gas drilling areas and forcing some coastal evacuations. It maintained subtropical circulation features all the way north to Indiana.
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, in its outlook for the 2018 Atlantic storm season, is projecting an average to above-average season this year, with 10-16 named storms and, five to nine hurricanes, including one to four major hurricanes.
How Lank Oil Customers Can Prepare
- Call our office and make sure your account is in good financial standing and that we have all your possible contact numbers.
- Top off all your tanks at the beginning of Hurricane Season.
- Make sure all fuel tank fill caps are secure and will not blow open during a storm allowing rain into the tank.
- Communicate to your staff about how a hurricane can impact your fuel deliveries, be flexible with delivery times and windows. Be able to accept loads of fuel during the evenings.
- Be aware that during an emergency period, service will be conducted on a best effort basis and with the understanding that the emergency situation could create conditions beyond our control which prevent or delay delivery service.
- It is recommended that you review your tank size and the length of time it will support your generators. In a prolonged emergency power outage, it may be difficult to deliver to a location more than once a week.
- Before, during and after a storm – please be patient and know that we are trying to serve everyone as quickly and efficiently as possible. The entire Lank Oil team is working long hard hours to get the job done.
Need Extra Fuel Storage For Hurricane Season?
Limited Quantities Remain, Act Now!
On March 26, 2018, Governor Rick Scott signed Senate Bill 7028 and House Bill 7099, which made permanent the requirement for all Florida nursing homes and assisted living facilities to have emergency generators to keep resident safe in the event of a prolonged power outage. As a result, Florida law now requires facilities to have backup power capabilities and adequate fuel supplies to maintain air conditioning for up to 96 hours after the loss of electricity.
Need help with extra temporary onsite fuel storage for the 2018 Hurricane Season? We may be able to help! Call Kristene at 754-800-8349 for more information.
Boys & Girls Clubs 10th Annual 100 Outstanding Women of Broward County Gala
Lank Oil Company is proud to announce that their own Kristene Lundblad was selected as one of the 100 Outstanding Women of Broward County! The celebration took place on Thursday, May 10th, 2018 at the Signature Grand in Davie, FL.
The 100 Outstanding Women of Broward County dinner brings the community together to celebrate how far women have come in leadership roles in the business, community and philanthropic fields.
Bill Lank, Sharon Dolitsky, Ted Linne, Kristene Lundblad, George Tokesky, Andy Tennessen, Holly Thomas & Jimmy Johansen
Time To Test The Fuel In Your Generator!
Are you sure that the fuel in your generator is still good and will work when you need it the most?
We will send a technician out to do a visual inspection for water, bacteria and overall quality of the fuel. He will pull a sample from the bottom of the tank so you can see exactly what it looks like. If the fuel only needs to be treated with additives, he can do that while he is there, with your prior approval. Following is information on this additive:
If requested, we can also send the sample out for a more technical Laboratory Analysis for a fee of $175.00 per sample. Please let me know when scheduling if you need this. If there is a more severe problem with your fuel such as water, sediment, oxidation or bugs, we will email our recommendations with a proposal to you at a later date.
What Does Your Fuel Look Like?
We highly recommend that you take advantage of this service so you can be assured that your generator will work when you need it most! Please respond to this email or call to have this scheduled as appointments are filling quickly! There is a $45 fee for this visit.
We LOVE Our Customers!
The Grand Floridian